Search This Blog

Monday 4 January 2010

Gut wrenching experience

Sheesh... this whole "tasting all the stuff I have missed" isn't turning out to be so much fun afterall! I had cream in a cup of Mate yesterday and my stomach went into instant knots with strange gurgling sounds followed by intense abdominal pain within the hour! What the heck???

Then being the not-so-bright person that I am, I tried cream in my hot drink AGAIN today only to experience the pain even more intensely.

Wow, so glad I waited a whole year for this. That pretty much confirms the research I did that stated we are actually not designed to consume dairy beyond the age of two. My gut would certainly agree with that statement about now.

Not only that but Ethan has been sleeping through the night for the last couple of weeks (I didn't want to say anything to jinks it in any way). Tonight, as I type this, he is screaming bloody murder. I tried going in to comfort him but he was clawing at his face and ears. Did my handling dairy do this? Did I have some remnants on me while handling him? What went wrong?

Conclusion? I think we are going to just stick with the NO DAIRY policy. And judging by the screaming child, anticipated sleepless night and my gurgling/complaining gut, I think it's safe to say it won't be too difficult to stick to that policy.

Wish me luck... and for goodness sakes, pray for Ethan to be free of his current discomfort. Thank you so much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that. I will definitely pray for Ethan,you and your family.
Your Cousin,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Recently I had a priest give me a special blessing for the sick during mass , called Extreme Unction. I had never heard of it before. In yesteryears it was given to the dying to ask for healing, peace and forgiveness of sins.

It is a beautiful in depth blessing. Now it is given to people who are really sick, but who don't have to be dying and fills you with hope and peace. I had gone to other healing ceremonies but never one this in depth or this profound. He did it the old world way, but it was amazing. Part of it was not only the faith of the man asking for the help for me, but that the whole church was praying for me.

I was thinking that regardless of what faith you are, it may bring apon extra blessings and help if your minister, and fellow congregation members met in prayer for Ethan, if they haven't already. Just an idea. Faith is a very personal thing. So whatever is best for you and your family.

Love and prayers to you and yours!
Your Cousin,
Cindy