Search This Blog

Friday 18 September 2009

Getting worse

I was hoping we were over the worst with whatever bump in the road this has been but tonight, despite a bath in hydrogen peroxide, several latherings of Vaseline Creamy today, and a wet wrap tonight, Ethan is writhing and clawing at his neck, his ears, his chest - everything! If he had the means, I don't doubt for a second that he would rip his own skin off.

I can't stand watching helplessly! What the heck went wrong? This is the worst he has been since winter and I am scared, so damn scared, that we are gearing up for another rough bout.

As I type this, Duane is upstairs in his room trying to console him. If he continues to lack sleep in addition to all of this, we will quickly find him in serious trouble.

I think we are going to reintroduce the antihistamine meds. We had been treating his eczema spots with the Betamethazone hydrocortisone cream for weeks now and even that has not been able to keep his flare ups under control. Even as I nurse him, I can hear his stomach churning as it used to do when I had eaten an allergen. But I have not eaten anything out of the ordinary lately so I don't understand what has gone wrong!

This will be a long and painful night (not only for Ethan).

1 comment:

Kermo said...

Oh, you poor sweeties.
I don't know what to say, just that I feel for you and I'm praying for you.
xoxo
Amy