I don't know if you're familiar with those traditional no-bake oatmeal chocolate cookies... they have so many different names for them including the one I grew up with which was, well, Bear-Turd Cookies. Given how much my life revolves around other people's bodily "movements", I do not even bat an eye at the name of these cookies but I am aware that talking about this as I lead into a recipe may not be the best marketing approach!
Suffice it to say that they have been a family favourite and I modified the recipe using Ethan-Kosher-Ingredients and they turned out even better than the original recipe! So here's hoping you can enjoy these as much as we did "sharing" them with Ethan! :)
Ethan's No-Bake Chocolate Cookies
1/4 cup Garden of Life Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
1/4 cup So Delicious Original Coconut Milk
1 cup Cane Sugar
1/2 tsp pure vanilla
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup Epicure Pure Cocoa
1/4 cup shredded coconut, sulfite free
1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
1 1/2 cups Nature's Path gluten-free Corn Flakes (fruit-juice sweetened), partially crushed
1 Tbsp Organic Sunbutter
1. Melt coconut oil, coconut milk and sugar in small pot. Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add vanilla and sun butter.
2. Combine salt, cocoa, coconut, sunflower seeds and cornflakes until well blended.
3. Add hot mixture and mix thoroughly.
4. Drop by Tbsp full onto wax paper and let cool completely.
5. Refrigerate (and keep refrigerated or frozen... so yummy from frozen).
Makes 12 cookies