Search This Blog

Friday 10 September 2010

Amazing Grace...

I have to thank you for the miracle of your prayers.  I was shaking so much going in to the hospital, anticipating hours upon hours of erratic and unyielding contractions... fearing the worst.

We began the process and I rested peacefully between slowly growing contractions.  I lay there peaceful and welcoming the prayers that brought my body rest.  It was truly a beautiful process that I did not even imagine would be happening to me.

My body lay completely relaxed as I merely breathed through each contraction, acutely aware of its workings and the fact that each one was bringing me closer to my baby.

Amazingly, three hours later, we were holding our precious baby girl, Sivana Grace!

She is positively perfect in every way.  She weighed 6 lbs 6 oz, nursed like a little pro right off the bat and measured 19 1/2 inches length.  She peed right away which was a great relief given her kidney issue.  We call her our little peanut as she is just so tiny.

We are thrilled to have welcomed her into our lives even though the timing seemed most intriguing!  But she was able to meet Grandma Jacquie who was in from Moose Jaw as well as aunty Diane, Uncle Richard and family (also from Saskatchewan), AND made her presence known at Grandpa Vaags' funeral. 

True to the Vaags nature, she was most efficient with her choice of timing!

So without further a due, here is our beautiful Sivana Grace Vaags...


Click to play this Smilebox greeting
Create your own greeting - Powered by Smilebox
Customize a free ecard

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the family, precious little love! I am happy you all are home, and all is well. Take Care! Your cousin,
Cindy.