Search This Blog

Monday 6 April 2009

Foot in the mouth

And I'm not referring to Ethan's newly discovered flexibility! I am almost afraid to say Ethan is doing well because soon afterwards, things seem to go downhill for a while. And if I say he is struggling, suddenly he seems to be doing better.

So let's try this: Ethan is struggling considerably with discomfort, increasing ooziness (if that's a word... hang on, let me check with spell check... nope, it's not a word but I'm using it anyways), and increasing insomnia.

Honestly, he actually is seeming to go downhill again and has been since my last post. The good news is that I can feel that my milk supply has increased but he still doesn't pee nearly as much as he used to. His little poops are still green (again, mother's blog must have the word poop in it several times... poop, poop, poop) but at least he seldom spits up anymore.

My brain hurts from the research and the diets recommended by different eczema websites. I think I'll just start grazing grass and drinking water and that's it!

Yesterday, Ethan screamed for most of the day and he could barely nap without waking up several times screaming. All of last night, he screamed with the occasional forty minute break. I am so exhausted, Duane is so exhausted.

I just don't think I can do this much longer. At this point, I just want to find a hypoallergenic formula and get him formula fed. This every-two-hours around the clock is too much, especially when he still screams in pain from SOMETHING I've eaten that I can't figure out and especially when it doesn't seem to be helping him to gain weight.

This sucks so much. I just want to be able to nurse my baby. But if that can't be done, then please, God almighty, help him to take a bottle!!! How long do we have to fight with him and watch him choke and scream through our every attempt to give him a bottle?

No comments: