Search This Blog

Monday 15 October 2001

Dream Catcher

Melina said the sweetest thing the other night, and I wanted to share it with you...

It was quite late at night and she came out of her bedroom for the tenth or eleventh time. Now at this point, I was rather frustrated because it was now eleven thirty at night. But before I could say anything, she looked at me and said,

"I've tried and tried to go to sleep, but I just can't seem to catch a dream."

And immediately, my heart warmed to her for having understood my language. And so I tucked her in bed...again...and blew her a kiss. I told her the kiss would fly around the room until it found the prettiest dream, but that she had to make sure to catch it when it found the dream for her. She smiled excitedly and watched the air.

And in that moment, I saw a little me. And a tear filled my eye as I shut the door, for I finally understood why I am often so hard on her. Because she is just like me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

its funny. i find myself reading your blog every once in a while and i always pass this one and never actually read it. well today i read it and i can tell you, it brought tears to my eyes. i love you mom.

melina