Search This Blog

Friday 10 August 2018

Losing Isabel Faith

My beloved brothers and sisters, near and far, known and unknown...

It is with a great heaviness that I let you know that our daughter, Isabel Faith, passed away on Saturday August 4th... her daddy's birthday.  We began a very rough 2018 on my birthday (end of January) and after seven months and seven days of hospitalizations, intubations/life support, etc... it is finished.  She is free.

Isabel was surrounded by loved ones, and she gazed at her father who gently played guitar as I hummed to her when she breathed her last.  I lay in bed that night and wept like I have never wept before... my back arched as though heaven itself were trying to pull my spirit out through my chest!  A feeling I pray/hope I don't ever have to experience again.

We will be holding her Celebration of Life on Wednesday, August 15th at 2:00 pm.  Know that all of you who have carried us in your thoughts and prayers will be with us.

There are too many amazing details that the LORD orchestrated these last seven months (including the removal of a grapefruit-sized tumour from my right ovary) and my hope and prayer as I learn what life looks like without her physical presence, is that I will document those details to share with all of you.  She was not just our daughter, she was (and continues to be) God's gift to all of us.

Thank you for loving us, carrying us and for mourning and celebrating with us.  God bless you all.

No comments: