Search This Blog

Wednesday 19 July 2017

Open Their Eyes That They May Turn

These past twenty-four hours, there's been what feels like an inundation of scripture songs pouring into and out of my heart.  The theme is certainly a call out for repentance.  I'll share them as they come and as time permits me to upload them.

This song is in regards to Acts 26:18.

The setting?  The Apostle Paul (or Shaul) is pleading his case before King Agrippa in Rome.  He is relieved because this King is acquainted with the Law of God and so Paul is certain he can explain why he is wrongfully accused by the unbelievers of Jewish descent.  Paul is at the part where he explains how Yeshua (Jesus) appeared to him in a bright light and spoke "Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?  It is hard for you to kick against the goads."  (How beautiful is our Messiah's love that even in our ignorant zealousness that blinds us to the very blood of saints upon our hands, He cries out to us patiently?)  This song is Yeshua's call to Saul: "I am Yeshua whom you are persecuting.  But rise and stand upon your feet, for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to appoint you as a servant and witness to the things in which you have seen me and to those in which I will appear to you, delivering you from your people and from the Gentiles - to whom I am sending you to open their eyes, so that they may TURN (repent) from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive the forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me."

Isn't it fascinating how scripture defines rebellion to God as one and the same for Israel and for Gentiles?  And that turning back, repenting, is one and the same?  There is no partiality with God.

My darlings, may His Spirit anoint us all as His witnesses... to empower us to "open their eyes" so that they may repent and turn back to our merciful God who forgives abundantly for His name's sake!  Blessed be the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob... our Righteous Law-Giver to a people redeemed from Egypt, who saves us from ourselves!  God bless you all out there! ((HUG))

No comments: