Search This Blog

Saturday 9 June 2007

Kiddin' around

We've got two new additions!
Maggie finally had her kids just a couple of hours ago. They look identical but one is a boy and the other a girl. Maggie has been busy grooming and fussing over them. The little ones have been wobbling around and exploring their world trying to figure out where to get this whole "milk" thing. I was taking pictures and ooing and awing over the whole thing when suddenly Molly came away from hiding in the corner with little Mabel and head butted one of the babies. which went flying! I nearly dropped the camera from sheer horror as I yelled, "MOLLY!!!" To my horror, she headed (pardon the
pun) to the next one and did the same thing.
Okay, in retrospect maybe it's a little funny now, but I was horrified at the time. I'm not used to seeing cute little goats getting head butted and flying across a pen followed by a distressed "BAAAAA!!"
We have since separated Molly along with her little Mabel. What a rude welcoming! Thank goodness we don't throw each others' kids across the room when they're born! Sheesh!

No comments: